DEXTROMETHOPHAN CAN BE HELPFUL WITH PREMATURE EJACULATION
DEXTROMETHORPHAN IS IN A CLASS OF DRUGS THAT SUPPRESSES THE COUGH RESPONSE IN THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. ESSENTIALLY THIS DRUG WILL CALM THE NERVOUS SYSTEM SO THE EJACULATION RESPONSE IS ELONGATED. SOMETIMES IT CAN IMPAIR THE RESPONSE NEEDED TO GET AN ERECTION, THOUGH, SO IT IS OFTEN PRESCRIBED WITH AN ED MED LIKE CIALIS OR VIAGRA.
This medicine is contraindicated to take if you have a sensitivity to this medication. Your practitioner will decide if it is safe for you to take this medication.
You need to discontinue the medicine and consult the clinic if you experience these uncommon side effects from this drug:
- Lightheadedness (due to low blood pressure)
- Prolonged erection (called “priapism”)
- Stuffy nose
- Upset stomach
You need to seek emergency medical attention if you experience:
- Swelling of the tongue, hives, tingling/itching in mouth/throat
- Erection lasting longer than 4 hours
- Sudden loss of vision or hearing
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing